Thursday, 17 November 2011

Geek appeal?

Today, I thought of an idea which I want to make into the next official Jam-Wah project (Hex Heroes being the last, since the b-movie thing became a bit sporadic). It's a series of illustrations based around a concept which I think might be good enough to get noticed if I play it right. So what's the problem?


Everything I've done up to this point has been steeped in pop culture and geekyness. The more I think about dropping that side of things and concentrating on more varied and 'serious' art, the more I wonder whether that would lose all the momentum I've gained over the last few years (such as it is). Still, there's no reward without risk and a change is as good as a rest and a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush and I shot the sheriff.


What I'm saying is that this blog should soon be a bit more pretentious. Just be ready, yeah?


Oh, and this weekend is Thought Bubble! I'll be sharing a table with my esteemed colleagues Gav Heryng, Dan Hill and Gary Heaney in the Royal Armouries Hall in Leeds. Can't speak for the others, but I'll be selling prints of the four b-movie posters and a larger format Hex Heroes poster, plus doing both sketch card and digital commissions. I will probably also be hungover, so if you come along, bring coffee and I'll love you forever (Starbucks' Egg Nog Latte will earn you a proposal of marriage*).



*May not be legally binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment