Wednesday, 28 September 2011

Yippee-ki-yay, Muddy Funsters!

Forgive me, dear internet, for I have been absent owing to a nasty bout of the pox. Fortunately, the engraver hadn't started on my tombstone before I took a turn for the wurst (German meat markets always bring me around when I'm ill), so I return with new art!


Typically for me, rather than follow my previous path I've decided I need a better portfolio for spot illustration work. I'm a geek ("NO!" I hear you say; it's true, my friends) so I'm shooting for pop culture mags and the like. Iconic movie moments are a good place to start. So I didn't.


Instead, I tried to use a hybrid of my geometric style and my hand-drawn, more representative approach  to recreate that image of Bruce Willis that he seems to pull off in EVERY SINGLE MOVIE HE MAKES. You know the one. He's holding a gun, stalking a bad guy or stealthily moving down a corridor or walkway, sneaking through a garden trying not to be seen. He's lit from below. He's maybe a little nervous. His eyes suddenly bulge. Every. Single. Movie. (Maybe)


Anyway, here it is. Not absolutely convinced I got the likeness down, so I'd appreciate feedback.


No comments:

Post a Comment