Wednesday, 24 August 2011

Suited and booted

Firstly, apologies for the scarcity of new art on this blog. I had a tight deadline which I actually beat like a ginger stepchild (I'm ginger, so I can say that... although I'm not big on domestic violence, you understand), but since that day passed, my attention has been caught on a few projects I'm planning. I'll try to be a little helpful and less vague.


I plan on submitting three comics to CLiNT magazine. I know, I know, I keep on saying that I'm DONE WITH COMICS and all of that, but my reasons for quitting were always based around the fact that the style of art I am known for is not something which allows for a career in comics. It takes too long for a monthly gig to be realistic, put it that way. Handy for me, then, that one of the planned submissions is already drawn in full (in fact, it was completed in 2007) so all that remains is to remaster and quality check, then pitch! The second is something I've been drawing for over a year and really need to finish. It's a short, so no worries. The third, I plan on writing but not drawing. You haven't seen anything of my writing yet, I suppose, unless you count these blogs and my Bames Jond strip. It's not perfect, but it can make fish cry. What does this mean? It means that I'm looking out for the perfect artist for this project.


In all likelihood, I'll do my research and approach the artist(s) myself, but if anybody contacts me I'll give them a look. Although the project is still in the planning stage, I know the art needs to be huge, kinetic and off-kilter. I'm thinking James Stokoe, Eric Canete, Sheldon Vella, Sean Gordon Murphy, Andy Kuhn and Dan Hipp. All very distinct from each other, but all BIG.


Anyway, that's a way off.


Also, I'm working on a project with a writer I've enjoyed collaborating with before, Stephen Reedy. Cool bloke and mega talent. I can't show you sketches yet on that.


What this means is that this blog is suddenly getting wordy rather than picturey. I want to do something about that, so when I have any spare time I'll do my best to get some cool art posts on a regular basis. It would be more interesting than all of this waffle.


Oh, and I'm going to be at Thought Bubble in November, so I'll see you there, yeah? Come over and see me at my table (wherever that may be... info to come) and chat for a bit. No pressure will be applied to you for a purchase, but I will be taking commissions and selling prints. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment